Interview with Yonadav Perry
Email interview held on 12th September 2017 – as follows between Alan Radley (questioner) and Yonadav Perry (relator):
1. What are your thoughts on the current state of cybersecurity, both for organizations and for consumers?
The state of cyber security is bad, and getting worse…
2. What – in your estimation – are the reasons behind the many computer security breaches/failures that we see today?
The abundance of people with malicious intentions.
3. Where do you go to find your “science” of cybersecurity?
4. Do you recommend a particular cybersecurity blog that our readers could follow?
Krebs on Security
5. What keeps you up at night in the context of the cyber environment that the world finds itself in?
Thank you kindly Yonadav Perry for taking the time to answer our questions in such a purposeful way.
Interviewee: Yonadav Perry,
Fellow at Yuval Ne’eman Workshop for Science, Technology and Security.
Yuval Ne’eman Workshop for Science, Technology and Security Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
Yonadav Perry – Biography
Over 30 years of experience in the field of networking and network security. Designed Networks, Systems, Routers, Switch Fabric ASICs. Provided consulting on traffic engineering to national telecom operator. Participating in international standards activities (IEEE, IETF, ITU-T). Performed market research, product positioning, product line management. Covering Computer Networks (LAN, WAN), Telecom Networks, Internet, Intranets.
Specialties: Consulting on all aspects of computer networking:
System Design, Network Design, Cyber Security, Market Research, Product Positioning, Traffic Engineering, more..