Interview with Bob Mann
Email interview held on 12th September 2017 – as follows between Alan Radley (questioner) and Bob Mann (relator):
What are your thoughts on the current state of cybersecurity, both for organizations and for consumers?
1. Personal details are still in peril from a lack of commitment by data controllers and data processors
What – in your estimation – are the reasons behind the many computer security breaches/failures that we see today?
2. As per point 1, entities are not morally committed to protect their data and services, at least not until they are significantly impacted by a cyber attack – services, fines, loss of clients…
Where do you go to find your “science” of cybersecurity?
3. Colleagues, and main security digital periodicals
Do you recommend a particular cybersecurity blog that our readers could follow?
4. No: read as many as possible and sift!
What keeps you up at night in the context of the cyber environment that the world finds itself in?
5. Nothing. As an experienced practitioner, thing will. “go bump in the night” no matter our best efforts
Thank you kindly Bob Mann for taking the time out of what must be a busy schedule to answer our questions in such a purposeful way.
Interviewee: Bob Mann,
Director, BM Cyber Security.
Bob Mann – Biography
A very experienced and highly motivated IT Security Manager
My experience and understanding of the issues has allowed me to develop a sound, pragmatic, but flexible approach to winning across business units. I possess a confident and positive attitude in both leadership and management. I relish the opportunities and challenges that the security field brings and can confidently demonstrate the skills, abilities, drive, and achievements required to meet those challenges. My experience ranges from protection of Government and MOD clients, through to the securing the financial sector, commercial institutions and the retail environment.